After much anticipation, Clark Robert Nelson finally arrived on Friday, April 27, at 7:09 pm! He weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 21 inches. Rob and I went in at 5:00am on Friday for a scheduled delivery. Everything seemed too easy-I got my epidural before I even felt one painful contraction. The whole day I sat in the hospital bed quite content with extremely numb legs, but the numbness, unfortunately, didn't last the whole delivery!! During the last half hour of pushing, my epidural ran out and the nurse never replaced it! I was feeling a lot of pain, but was afraid to complain because I thought I was still going strong with my epidural. I was thinking to myself, "man, what is it like for people who don't get the epidural? They're insane!" Finally, when it came time for the stitching ( I hope I'm not being too informative) I let my doctor know that I was no longer feeling numb and the nurse said, "Oh ya, your epidural is long gone." Anyway, so other than a natural delivery, everything was smooth sailing and we are so grateful for a healthy baby boy!!! He is SO precious and we just can't get enough of him!!
2 comments:
WOW Mel! You are definately a she-woman! I remember you telling Nat and I how excited you were to have the epideral. I'm sorry it ran out early, but hey you're tougher than you knew. We need to see you guys soon.
your baby is adorable!
we are so excited for you guys.
hope all is well.
cj and lisa
Post a Comment