
I am happy to report that the flight wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. I will admit that we had a rocky start. To start things off, my cell phone dropped out of my bag at the baggage check and I didnt' realize that it was missing until right before boarding. I was kinda freaking out. Luckily a nice lady let me use her cell and I called my dad who let me know someone picked it up and turned it in to the southwest front desk. As I was on the phone with my dad, I was paged. It was seriously PERFECT timing. As I boarded I heard people talking about how, because of bad weather, there was a possibility that our flight might be detoured to a dif. airport for the night. I can't even imagine what I would have done! Before take off, Clark started to get pretty fussy, so I gave him a couple fishy crackers. Bad Idea. He started chocking and gagging on the fishy and put his hand in his mouth which resulted in him gagging and throwing up! To make matters worse, earlier he had a bottle so not only did he purge himself of the fishy crackers, but also lovely curdled milk! There wasn't a pleasant smell in the air to say the least. I tried to clean him up as fast as possible and put anti bact. on my hands to try to mask the smell. This was all before we even took off!!! Once we were in the air, it was smooth sailing!!! Clark slept for 2 hours and then after he woke up we watched Einsteins and then before we knew it, we were landing!! Clark was so excited to see his daddy and Rob was so relieved that Clark hadn't forgotten him!
We LOVE our new apartment and area!! It is so pretty here!! Rob is doing so well and Clark is having the time of his life with little miss Ivy!!! Amy and I took the kiddos downtown yesterday! We hit up Berry Chill yougurt, Garrets popcorn, and some fun shops! I LOVE THE CITY! The drive home was a bit of a fiasco with 2 screaming kids...Ivy in her high register and Clark in his low register!! NOt so melodic! I crawled back in between two car seats and crying kids to try to calm them down with some primary songs. It got a bit more interesting when Ivy started throwing up! OH ya, our GPS took us through good 'ol Gary Indiana and we had a bit of a detour that added an extra 30-40 mins to the drive!! All in all, it was an exciting day downtown!
7 comments:
Wow! That is a crazy story! Sounds like it was a fun flight :) Where did you guys move to?
GAry Indianna...Oh MUSIC MAN DAYS! Im so glad you love it. It looks pretty from the pictures. Im so glad your there with friends, that makes it so nice being away from family. Myles is HORRIBLE on flights. I got a DVD player and it has saved my life!
Oh I'm a tiny bit envious of the adventure. I just loved Chicago, You've got to get your Mom and Dad back there befor you come home.
Chicago, Chicago! Mel you made it. Your first flight far away, so nerve racking. I am just happy you are there and getting settled. Gosh! What a fun adventure. You better blog your heart out so we can all keep up on your life. Give Clark a big hug fom Cash.......
Love ya, Natalie
Melanie...I am so glad that you found my blog!!! Your baby is so handsome!!! How are you all doing and what are you up to these days? Hope all is going well :)
wow, quite the adventure! I wish I could visit. It seems like such a fun place. We miss you here, especially on Sunday!
Rob and Melanie, Clark is absolutely perfect!
Post a Comment