The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Friday, July 10, 2009

Ventura Beach House..pic overload














Well we had the 4th of July, Beach, Wedding, wedding pictures, family pictures, and Six Flags all rolled in to one vacation! We had so much fun!!!
























We had so much fun this year at the Ventura Beach house!! Much thanks to our cousins the Filmores who let us go each year! The house is right on the water, so it is really amazing and we are in awe every time we go! Clark had so much fun finding little crabs and playing with his tractors in the sand. Every morning he woke up asking for katie and chloe! One morning, Rob and I woke up at 5am and the tide was way out, so we went exploring and found some shells for Clarky. On the 4th we watched fireworks right on the beach and even did a few roman candles. Clark was amazed at the "boom booms" His new favorite song on the radio is that one, "boom boom boom, boom boom,etc." you know which one Im talking about right? Anyway, he is always singing it around the house..on key might i add! Rob and I went kayaking and were brave to go with out wet suits! That water was FREEZING, so I would have to brace myself every time we went through the waves. We rowed pretty far into the ocean in hopes of spotting some kind of sea creature, but all we saw was miles of kelp. We went kayaking, surfing, lounged, read books, went into Santa Barbra for some shopping, craved PinkBerry all week long, had a wedding, went to Six Flags, etc!! We packed a lot in the 5 days that we were there! The wedding was beautiful and we are so excited to have Melissa in the family! We were on the fence about Six Flags with Clark until we read that they had a Thomas the Train town for kids. Clark was in heaven and begged to ride the choo choos! We even took him on a little kid roller coaster and were surprised when it began at how fast and rickety it was....Clark repeatedly said, "all done" in a very nervous voice throughout the ride! Rob and I had so much fun riding the big roller coasters..we LOVE them! At six flags, Christy and I competed in a DDR competition on stage and yes, i beat her 2 out of 2 times. Sorry chris, better luck next year! We had so much fun, thanks mom and dad!

5 comments:

the waites said...

JEALOUS times 100! I am sad we didnt go this year. Looks like you had a blast! I can just live vicariously through you. Clark looks like he loved it. Where is that cute train ride?? I loved seeing Mike and Melissa-so cute. Im coming home in September, so we will have to get these boys together.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than a trip to the beach!! Looks like you guys packed it all in and had so much fun. That cake looks so cool. Welcome back to the heat!

Natalie Hall said...

I wanted more of a picture overload. I just was talking to your mom and she said everything turned out so beautiful on the wedding day. Melanie, we are all so envious of your stay there. I want to know who made the cake? You and your family look like an add for Ventura, with that beautiful skin coloring your all so blessed with..... I can't believe Mike and Melissa are married, wow! They better start up their blog.

Cara said...

Love the pics overload. Bet you can't wait to go back. So I'll take you up on your offer sometime soon with Luke coming over to play, boy would love to see the Clarkster. Are you excited for the Bachelorette tonight? I get a little too excited for it now that I'm stuck to the couch. K later.

Ainges said...

What a fun trip! I just think Clark is the cutest little boy ever! Maybe one day he and Oscar can meet and be friends!