The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Sunday, September 27, 2009

wrapping up summer











So, I think the swimming season is coming to an end. Clark has loved his little play pool in the back, but i think it is time to put it away. He wasn't too big into swimming this summer in the big pool. I think I scared him at his first swimming lesson when I dunked him under. Next year, will be his year. Moving on with the pictures, we've kept busy with some fun play dates. Clark loves his buddies and they are starting to all play better and get the hang of the whole sharing concept. It's been so nice having neighbors to trade off babysitting for our dr. apts. Apt.s this time around are a lot different. Now, I have to arrange someone to watch Clark each time and I go all alone, which really isn't a big deal at all, but last time Rob was able to go to every appointment with me. Back to Clark, Rob was watching Clark and one of his buddies in the nursery during part of stake conference last week and they were catching, kicking, tossing,etc balls and Rob decided that Clark needed some work in the whole sports area. Monday night, Rob marched right down to Walmart after work and bought Clark a basketball hoop, basketball, soccerball, and football. It has been pretty hard core over here lately! Now, I have mentioned Clark's unhealthy obsession with trains a few times on the blog, so you can see why he is going to be a train conductor for Halloween. I found the perfect little costume online and Clark could hardly wait to get it on when it arrived in the mail, in fact we couldn't get him to take it off!!! We were able to get him to take off the handkerchief, but that was about it. He wore it all night and insisted in going on his bike aka Train ride in full dress. I swear the kid cracks me up!!! Halloween is going to be so fun for him this year...I can't wait!

4 comments:

Weedpatch said...

Love the conductor outfit. He looks pretty pleased with it, too.

Cara said...

Can't handle the engineer outfit. It is so nice to trade babysitting, you guys are the cutest, we're still working on the sharing quite a bit. We can't wait to see Clark in action on Halloween!

The Clarks said...

hahahaha a train conductor!!!?? That is AWESOME! I want to take pics of him in his costume!

Anonymous said...

How cute is his conductor outfit!! Love it.