The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

weekend Adventures











Last week Rob and Clark had their first fishing trip. Although unsuccessful, they had fun lounging and eating treats...until Clark was bit by ants! Clark now has a phobia of ants and scans the sidewalk before he takes any steps forward. Rob and Clark woke me up Monday morning had said they had an adventure planned. So, we loaded in the car and drove down to Tucson to Kartchner Caverns. Because Rob is so punctual, we arrived almost 2 hours early before our tour group time. Luckily Clark didn't mind climbing around the plastic cave in the lobby. The wait was well worth it for Clark when he realized we got to ride a little train like tram to the entrance of the caves. Our tour guide lady made it very clear to us that she didn't like taking kids on the tour b/c they get scared and cry and also touch the cave which is a big no no.There was a part when she told everyone to be quiet so we could hear the water dripping from the stalactites and of course Clark was rambling about the nice dragons we told him lived in the cave and she turned to him and said, "shhhh" I am so sure, the kid is 2...relax! The caves were really cool. After the tour I was so tempted to go up to the lady and say, "I thought we should probably tell you that our son had is arm extended grazing the walls of the cave the whole way through. Oh, ya and the sucker we snuck in fell out of his mouth and landed in that muddy area that no one has touched since the discoverers were there. so sorry." I guess if you touch anything, you have to tell her so she can put a marker on it to signal that it need cleaning. All in all, it was really cool and we enjoyed it! After the caves, we headed over to the famous city of Tombstone, home of Doc Holiday and Mr. Erp. If you haven't seen the movie Tombstone, you should b/c it's actually pretty good...see the movie and skip out on the actual city. Anyway, we love our weekends with Rob. Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.

4 comments:

Weedpatch said...

I love the top picture. I'm sure he wasn't sitting still for very long!

Cara said...

Me and Jake went there pre-kidlets one spring break, I love that place, Glad you all got to go, what a fun trip! Excited to play tomorrow.

The Clarks said...

hahahahaha that cracks me up! I totally took ivy to this stupid museum over the summer and the tour guide was freaking out bc ivy kept touching stuff...I just laughed. oh museums...gotta love em or NOT!

angela hardison said...

I don't blame Clark for hating ants. They're one of my worst enemies :)

Glad you had a fun weekend.

Amy... I can just imagine you in the museum laughing at the tour guide, and it's cracking me up.