The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Sunday, March 21, 2010

1 week down





Everything about this pregnancy/delivery/recovery has been amazing! On Tues. March 9 at 3am we checked in at the hospital to be induced. We were amazed at the size of the delivery room and we loved all of our nurses. I was at a 4 when we went in, so I was hoping things would move along a little quicker the second time around. By 5am, I was getting hooked up to an IV (i hate the IV!) and the petocin (sp?) was in full force. I felt a few strong contractions, but requested an epideral before I was too uncomfortable. I didn't remember the epideral being so uncomfortable/painful, but by 8 am on I was totally numb and was so grateful, that I would choose 100 epiderals in order to not feel anything during delivery! By 10am I was pretty much ready and just waiting for the dr. to come over on her lunch break to take care of business. Around 12ish Dr. Mcneal came, broke my water, and with just Rob and I in the room (along with our awesome nurse), I pushed 4 times and out came baby at 12:38 weighing in at 7lbs 13 oz and 20.5 inches long. There was no episiotomy, thank heavens, so pretty much the recovery has been cake. In fact, we took Clark to the Zoo that Saturday :) Anyway, back to D-day.... Rob's parents and My parents + Clark came in after the whole ordeal and Clark was such a proud big brother. He had a grin from ear to ear! I don't know why, but I have been so emotional the week before the baby and even now thinking about little Clark and how his whole world was about to be and has been turned upside down. I swear I have had a harder time then he has. I just wish I could give both boys 100% of my time all of the time. Clark really is SO sweet to the baby and would never hurt him, but I will say that he has been extra defiant and pretty disobedient for Rob and I. I love both my boys...actually all 3 of my boys so much! I am SO grateful for a wonderful delivery and healthy baby. Kurt is a joy to have around and is SO good! He never cries and takes Clarks loves like a true warrior :)

8 comments:

Edwards Fam said...

I'm so glad you've been recovering well with the second...mine was worse than the first. I totally had those same feelings about how the poor first child's world was going to change. I still get those feelings and it's been over a year! Congrats on such a sweet, cute family:)

brentanderrin said...

congrats!!!! oh... he is beautiful!!! we are so happy for you to all be doing well!!!

Whitney and Michael said...

he is darling! clark look alike :)
congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Oh he is just adorable. What a little clone of his big brother!

Unknown said...

oh mel he is adorable! and i know i don't know your kids that well but he looks a lot like clark! SO cute and i'm glad everything went so well and clark is doing good with kurt.. gives me hope for me in 2 months:)

Cara said...

Sorry but the last picture where he is smiling, I think thats Clark, that is seriously crazy. You had twins 3 years apart. Loved the story of the birth. So happy the 2nd time around was better.

The Clarks said...

holy freakin clarky's twin. I cannot believe how much they look alike! Although, he looks a little darker.. but if i remever right clark was dark when he was born too??

howelltree said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so glad that you are feeling well and that all went great with the delivery. Congrats!