The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've inherrited 4 kids!

So, my parents are on a cruise for a week and Rob, Clark and I have been holding down the fort at their home with chloe, katie, christy, and carly. Clark is having the time of his life with the girls and wakes up so anxious to see them and anxiously awaits their arrival home from school in the afternoons. Mornings are a bit hectic and today we actually woke up 45 mins late...thank heavens Chloe came in and woke us up. I was amazed that I was actually able to get Katie and Chloe dressed, fed, pack lunches, fix their hair, help Chloe with her shoes, feed Clark, wake Carly up, and get them out the door in just 20 minutes. I think the only reason that was possible is b/c sweet Rob stayed behind to help me herd the girls around the house and watch after Clark. The girls have actually been really good and I think the "tickets" have helped. Every thime they perform a certain task (brush their teeth, put their toys away, chores, homework, bed on time, etc) they get a ticket. I even threw in a "nice sister award" ticket that goes to the sister who was the kindest to the other. Once I introduced this special ticket, Katie immediately asked Chloe if she could massage her feet and Chloe said, "No, but I'll massage your feet?." I even had Chloe secretly puting Katies back pack away for her etc. Towards the end of the day, I think they were so sick of being good b/c they started to let their hair down. I said to Chloe, "Chloe, come sit over here and be sweet little Chloe while we do your reading." and under her breath she said, "I hate being Sweet little Chloe...she's has no fun and can't do anything!" They have been cracking me up! A couple of days ago, Chloe was writing in her journal and rating everyone in the family on niceness. Some people got nice/sometimes mean, so so so so nice (ROB), So so so so mean, mostly nice and then next to mine it said "picky". When Chloe was asked why she put "Picky" nxt to my name she said, "Oh, ya know how she is with Clark. We always have to wash our hands after school, she doesn't let us carry him around the house, and we have to be quiet when he is napping!" Anyway, sorry for the novel, but we have had some good times at the Weeds...I could go on and on with the stories. ROb is finding that wheeling and dealing/negotiating is a family trait among the Weed sisters. They try to make a deal with everything...bed time, afterschool treat (Mom usually let us have as many Kudos bars as we want), computer time, Homework "Ill do my homework if you get me a hot fudge sunday from sonic", "Will you put my shoes away, My legs are growing and I can't go on (Chloe)", "let me just finish this movie and then Ill go to bed (Carly. We said to finish it the next day after school and turned it off. 15 min later we went in and she had turned it back on to finish it)" etc.

5 comments:

Natalie Hall said...

Melanie I knew you would be wonder woman!!! I am sure you have just been in a whirlwind. You and Rob are the greatest for doing this for your mamma and pappa. I know your mom and dad are having the time of there lifes.

I am cracking up about Chloe and Katie being the negotiators. The ticket thing looks like it is working well. Clark will probally have little withdrawls when all the camotion dissapears. Noah and Lincoln are gone for 13 days and I think Cash is really depressed.

Well miss you guys, see ya soon.

Unknown said...

hey mel! how are you! it's been a long time... so not much is new with us! you should definately try to get to hawaii.. it was really fun! we wish we were still there! anyway, ed hasn't heard back from border patrol yet, but everything is finally cleared and all that so when a job becomes availiable we should get a call.. we really think it'll be arizona and if it is i am praying for tucson over yuma!

Sidney said...

Reminds me of a week I took care of Joanne and Pauls 6 kids along with my two. Bryon would drop in for dinner and then go back to the safety of our own home. What do I sound bitter? I can hardly remember it. Have you heard from your Mom and Dad? I'll bet you have a renewed appreciation for you Mom.

Unknown said...

well there are random stations all around, but they usually stick you in border towns in the border states first. there are actually stations in utah.. but we don't want to be here:) but tucson isn't too far from you either... and ed's sister lives in queen creek too! so we wouldn't mind being there.. even if i hate the heat!:) i think of you when we have our blizzard snow storms... like now.. and when you had me take a picture of you in the snow after class freshman year! haha good times!

the waites said...

geesh.... Your ready for triplets! I cannot multi task! I can barely take care of me and Myles.