Clark has been cracking us up lately...he is just a little man! His new trick is pulling himself up to a standing position using furniture. He doen't like to sit anymore. As soon as I sit him down on the floor, he scoots as fast as he can to the nearest tall thing and pulls himself up. He fist discovered this new trick when we were trying to put him down for the night. To our surprise when we walked in to give him his binki, he was standing up. It kind of scared me at first. It was so cute, but after the first 5 times of going in there to lay him back down and having him roll right over and stand up again...it got old real fast! He wouldn't take naps or go down for the night. I would lay him down and he would stand right back up, so i would let him cry a little and then go back in to lay him down and the cycle would continue. I didn't wat to just leaven him in there standing b/c 1. he didn't know how to get down and the time 2. I was worried about him falling out of his crib. and 3. I didn't want him falling inside of his crib and bumbing his head. This whole cycle continued for a couple of days until We realized we were just going to have to let him figure out how to get down on his own and fall asleep. I am happy to say that he does know how to get down from a standing position now so he is taking naps again (thank heavens) and is doing better in the night..still not sleeping through the night but we are getting closer to that goal! He is just so dang cute. I finally started bathing him in the kitchen sink and it is SO much easier and he LOVES it until he is ready to get out and then he attempts crawling out on his own. OH, what did I do when I wasn't a mom?! Life is SO much better with little Clark in it...more work, but so much better!
The Nelsons
Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
The Latest w/ Clark
Clark has been cracking us up lately...he is just a little man! His new trick is pulling himself up to a standing position using furniture. He doen't like to sit anymore. As soon as I sit him down on the floor, he scoots as fast as he can to the nearest tall thing and pulls himself up. He fist discovered this new trick when we were trying to put him down for the night. To our surprise when we walked in to give him his binki, he was standing up. It kind of scared me at first. It was so cute, but after the first 5 times of going in there to lay him back down and having him roll right over and stand up again...it got old real fast! He wouldn't take naps or go down for the night. I would lay him down and he would stand right back up, so i would let him cry a little and then go back in to lay him down and the cycle would continue. I didn't wat to just leaven him in there standing b/c 1. he didn't know how to get down and the time 2. I was worried about him falling out of his crib. and 3. I didn't want him falling inside of his crib and bumbing his head. This whole cycle continued for a couple of days until We realized we were just going to have to let him figure out how to get down on his own and fall asleep. I am happy to say that he does know how to get down from a standing position now so he is taking naps again (thank heavens) and is doing better in the night..still not sleeping through the night but we are getting closer to that goal! He is just so dang cute. I finally started bathing him in the kitchen sink and it is SO much easier and he LOVES it until he is ready to get out and then he attempts crawling out on his own. OH, what did I do when I wasn't a mom?! Life is SO much better with little Clark in it...more work, but so much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
So photogenic! I just love this boy, you really want to squeeze his face every time I see him. You are such a great mamma mel, and lets not froget father of the year award, to Rob....
love those big eyes pictures. Your blog background is so neat you gotta show how to do that.Something about these pictures reminds me of Christy do you ever see her in him?
Hey Melanie- will you send me your email address? arynsampson@gmail.com
Scrub a dub dub!!! Oh he is just a little bundle of joy. cute nursery i love it
It was great seeing you too. I can't get over his muffin feet... I'm glad you liked my guide to neat places, and of course we'd join you for a date night sometime!
Melanie! He is so sweet!! I loved all those pics!
He is just beyond precious. I'd love to snuggle hime!
Cute pictures of Clark. My favorite is of him on the phone. He should give us a call some time.
Clark is cute! It was fun to see you back in October.
your babe is so cute...
I just had to let you know how great you did today in PRIMARY... YOU were a PRO up there. Hopefully some day we can STEAL you.
it's torture when you put these cute pictures up of clark since i'm not there to squeeze his cute cheeks!
Post a Comment