The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ventura Beach House











































Clark and I had the time of our lives at the beach house this summer! We were so excited to meet up with the fam for a week long beach get-a-way! The girls could hardley contain their screams when Clark arrived...I like to think they were excited to see me as well, but I'm no fool. :) Clark LOVED the water and would run straight for the waves without an ounce of fear! Clark spent the week tripping over Katie and Chloe who were always hovering over him like paparazzi on Brangelina! He loved the attention and I enjoyed a little breather! Besides being followed around by the girls, Clark lounged around the beach, played in the sand, picked up special rocks on our EARLY morning walks, played with tinker toys, enjoyed being pushed around during Santa Barbara shopping ventures, and watching the seagulls! Because of the time zones Clark was on a schedule 2 hours ahead of California which meant 4am wake up calls for mom! I didn't want to wake the rest of the house up, so I would take Clark out to watch the waves and billions of surfers! Thank you to mom and Dad for watching Clark while Mike, his gf Melissa, christy and I went to Six Flags! I LOVE SIX FLAGS and haven't been back since sr yr. prom! I was in heaven!!!!! I did have a little scare when we were getting ready to take off on the new ride Tatsu. They had already gone around to check seats and we were about to leave when an announcement came on saying that they needed to check row 2 seat 4. Yep, it was my seat and apparently it had come unlatched! I ALMOST FELL TO MY DEATH! I seriously was terrified the whole ride..you should have seen the picture! Christy was a great ride buddy! While waiting for friends at Goliath, we took he most ridiculous pictures with a rather large audience! WHile concentrating on my jumping picture, I forgot to put my feet down to land and ended up falling on my butt in front of everyone....the pain hurt more than the humiliation by far! Anyway, it was a great trip !

8 comments:

KILEY said...

Mel! I deeply appreciate your love for Six Flags! It is awesome! I pretty much freak out the whole time on Tatsu too. My parents live about 30 minutes away from there so it is always a fun treat when I go home. I hope you guys are doing well! I miss Clark's smiling face!

Kelly said...

That looks like so much fun! It makes me miss my family! And Clark of course looks so cute in every picture. That's funny about your little fall. That's something I would do too!

Amy said...

You guys are non-stop fun, I love it! Six Flags definitley focks, just glad you didn't die on that ride, yikes!

the waites said...

AHHHH...can we please go back right now!! I miss it so much. It looks like you had a super fun time. I loved all the adorable pictures of Clark and your sisters. Next time we need to go the same week. I love your long dress..so hot!

Sidney said...

No better back drop for pictures than the beach. Too bad Rob couldn't break away. I hear he's really tearing it up in Chicago. Clark is a little charmer. We have Natalie and co. all moved in. It's just party time every night!

DLonna said...

Looks like you had great fun!! The fall was worth your great jumping picture. Clarky is getting so big.

angela hardison said...

The one with Clark on your shoulders... so cute!

davidandsuzi said...

Wow Mel! What a fun summer you are having. I can't believe how big Clark is getting!