The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Snow Adventure

























This morning we woke up and Rob had decided that today was a perfect day to introduce Clark to the snow. Off to the cabin in Pine we went. Seeing how Clark has never really been in cold weather, he didn't really have the right clothes, so we borrowed old snow clothes from my sisters....hence the pink coat, purple snow bibs, and leopard had. He was a real show stopper and I wasn't much better in my purple ear warmers from my mom and my dads true "vintage" ski coat with the original Sundance ski tags from his last trip. There was SOOOO much snow! Luckily for us, 15 min before we got into Payson they had plowed the roads leading into Pine. Everything was smooth sailing until we hit the turn we had to make to head towards the cabin. That was the first time we got stuck. Luckily we were able to borrow a shovel from a neighbor and dig us out. We should have turned back then, but we had such faith in Rob's beloved Forester. We continued down the 2 ft. of snow that had tracks. We crossed the creek, but as we got ready for our next turn we got REALLY stuck. We were about a 10 min. walk to the cabin, so off we went trecking in snow up to my shins with jeans and tennis shoes. It was pretty cold, but a really pretty walk up to the cabin! We started a fire and got all situated and then Rob went back to go dig the car out once again. After Rob got back the fun began!!! We went sledding down a little slope right by the cabin and had so much fun! Clark loved the snow, but liked eating it even more! After a couple of hours up at the cabin, we made the arduous snow treck back to the car. What a fun day!

8 comments:

The Clarks said...

how fun! If you want some more of where that came from...you should come visit us!

angela hardison said...

Looks like fun. I love the cold! Sorry to hear you had some disasters with the car... That list pic of you and Rob is adorable.

I updated the book club blog (new header + post), but I don't think anybody really reads it :)

Anonymous said...

Look at you spontaneous kids! How fun!! I can't believe how much snow there is. I'm glad you made it out ok. What a fun trip/day!! Cute pictures you guys. I'm loving Clark's leopard hat and pink coat! I think your purple headband is cute. Honest.

mle photography said...

haha i'm dying at clark's outfit...that's awesome. looks like you guys had so much fun, even when you got stuck in the snow!

Cara said...

you're always doing the funnest stuff! glad you got out alright and those pictures are so pretty. i'm thirsty for some snow now.

and p.s. jake is working, i'll be your valentine...

Patrick Hall said...

Oh my Heck!!!! Melanie, look at that snow! I swear there will not be snow like that for another 10 years, and you guys captured the moment.... Oh, we need to get up there for Presidents Day. Clark can pull of any color. Those are darling photos, and loved the video clips... So sorry about the smelly fridge, my mama forgot some food......

Unknown said...

So fun. BTW, you and Rob will make beautiful girls :)

the waites said...

wait. I didnt know that was thee cabin. I have never seen it when it snows. I really hope you had a bonfire going because that place is brrr.... . It was WAY to cold for me in December. I cant get over Clark the leopord. What a fun family getaway!