The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Swimming Lessons





I'm officially on my way to becoming a soccer mom! This summer I signed Clark up with Mesa Parks and Rec. for swimming lessons at the jr. high down the road from us. The first day he loved swimming with his buddy Luke, but I made the mistake of dunking him under water towards the end of the lesson. Today, he had a death grip with his hands and legs around my body! I have got to get this kid swimming this summer...ESPECIALLY because my parents don't have a fence around their pool!! Most people say the quickest way to get your toddler swimming is by throwing them in the pool over and over..ummmm don't think I have the emotional strength to let that go down, so if any of you have swimming tips they would be much appreciated! Oh, how I love summer. PS, I dodged a bullet yesterday....Rob called wanting to buy and bring home an indoor Boxer that he took Clark to look at!!! Not really a dog person, but I know eventually I will have to give in..hopefully not for a long time!

4 comments:

Jaron & Abby said...

Ya I have no tips! Livvy has hated water since she was born. I couldn't do the throwing in the water thing either. Way too hard. Clark looks so cute in his little swimming shorts!

Brittany said...

I have no tips, but I just have to say, I was wondering where you were getting those cute necklaces, and I'm so impressed that you were making them!! They are so cute!! I am sure you'll be successful on Etsy, and I wish I could come up with something just as good. :) Way to go!

Anonymous said...

We are excited to start swimming in a week and a half! I hope Griffin likes it. Good job on dodging the dog bullet. I don't think I could come over if you had a boxer. Scary.

Unknown said...

if you do get a dog boxers are thee way to go.. seriously so good with kids and just love to play.. easy to train. we love our boxer!