The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Snow Day at the Cabin
























New Years Eve Day we headed to the cabin in Pine. We could not believe how much snow there was and that Robs car made it as far as it did. Luckily we brought a shovel and Rob made a path through the meadow,to the stairs, and leading up to the cabin. First, we got the cabin warm and got on the snow clothes that were left in the closet and waited for my dad and sisters to join us. On the way up, I ran into Walmart and bought Clark some snow boots on sale and a snow jacket, so the kid was set. Iv'e learned from my past experience as a child, that once your toes get wet and cold, or any part of your clothing for that matter, the day becomes miserably cold and unbearable. I thought I had everything covered for Clark and that we were in for a real treat with the absence of complaints and whining. Unfortunately, I did not plan on snow being kicked up in his face on his first run down the hill. Crying and complaints ensued. Luckily, he joined back in on the fun and went down on the sled with Rob and I a few more times, before we all hurried back in by the fire and warmed our hands with hot cocoa thanks to Grandpa. Kurt, in his 7 layers of clothing, was a little bundle of warmth and happy to watch all the action.
The area around the cabin looked beautiful with all of the snow. We had so much fun, but were happy to get the heaters going on the drive home.

6 comments:

Natalie Hall said...

Oh my heck snow!!!!!!! Wait, I'm dying at how much Pine got.. What a blast!! Those are some fabulous photos.. Rob looks like a true mountain man..

Happy 10 years! I'm loving your long hair lady.. Kurt, I want to squeeze you!!

Anonymous said...

So much snow! It's always so fun to go up north and visit the snow! What a great day. Kurt is so snuggly in his warm outfit. Happy 5 years!! Glad you had a fun date night! I could use some sister sitters out here...

mle photography said...

we came home from Hawaii to that much snow in Cedar (depressed!)

The John Family said...

So fun! Love the snow! Miss you guys! We need to go to the zoo soon!

sherra said...

I love your blog!! I have been thinking about you lately. You have such a beautiful family! You should check out my blog sometime. Sheeraandsuperman.blogspot.com

the waites said...

this looks like a winter wonderland! How fun. I am hoping someone got there early to have the heater on...when we went one year, it was so cold that I wanted to go home. Lets do the train park next week. A lunchable party.

love that angelic Clark of yours.