Well, the festivities started on Wednesday with our ward halloween bash. Clark snagged a piece of candy corn off the table just as I was about to fee him his REAL food and it was all over after that! He refused to eat dinner and just begged for more candy corn. Luckily we were able to distract him with the mummy wrap station where we attempted to wrap him up in toilet paper, but that didn't last long after he spotted candy that had fallen on the ground. I swear he can sniff out sugar. Halloween morning Clark and I were invited to go decorate Halloween cookies with some fun mommies and their cute kids. Clark is going through an extremely CLINGY stage and wouldn't leave my side. He wanted to play with the kids so bad, so instead of venture out on his own, he would wrap his arms around my thing and drag and pull me around the house. I hope this soon passes b/c Rob and I are going on a cruise at the end of November and guess who won't be coming. We had so much fun decorating cookies and visiting. Halloween evening we always go to my family's ward party. It is always fun to go back to my homeward and see people and families I grew up with. Rob doesn't mind at all, rather he looks forward to the event all year long just for the delicious and healthy Indian fry bread that he douses in honey, butter and powdered sugar! Clark loves running around and seeing all of the kids in their costumes. This year it was a little hotter than usual, although you would have thought it was freezing if you walked by my parents house and saw my dads little fire going in the front yard..he was trying to keep up the tradition. Anyway, b.c of the warmer weather Clark wasn't very comfortable in his little zebra costume so instead he wore a skeleton necklace that blinked blue lights. Clark insisted on rinding in his little car door to door up and down my parents street. Rob tried to rig up something to keep his feet from dragging under the car. It was a bit of a hassle b/c we had to stop every couple feet to adjust it. Nonetheless Clark loved riding in his little car. It was so cute watching him open his bag for people to drop candy into. After he had his candy in the bag he would hug the bag and then put it in the little holder in the back of the car. He was in HEAVEN! When we got back to my house, he perched himself on the ledge of the front step and just looked at his candy. I am happy to say that he only had a couple little pieces of licorice. Hopefully next year he will get the full effect by actually dressing up!
The Nelsons
Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson
Monday, November 3, 2008
Halloween '08
Well, the festivities started on Wednesday with our ward halloween bash. Clark snagged a piece of candy corn off the table just as I was about to fee him his REAL food and it was all over after that! He refused to eat dinner and just begged for more candy corn. Luckily we were able to distract him with the mummy wrap station where we attempted to wrap him up in toilet paper, but that didn't last long after he spotted candy that had fallen on the ground. I swear he can sniff out sugar. Halloween morning Clark and I were invited to go decorate Halloween cookies with some fun mommies and their cute kids. Clark is going through an extremely CLINGY stage and wouldn't leave my side. He wanted to play with the kids so bad, so instead of venture out on his own, he would wrap his arms around my thing and drag and pull me around the house. I hope this soon passes b/c Rob and I are going on a cruise at the end of November and guess who won't be coming. We had so much fun decorating cookies and visiting. Halloween evening we always go to my family's ward party. It is always fun to go back to my homeward and see people and families I grew up with. Rob doesn't mind at all, rather he looks forward to the event all year long just for the delicious and healthy Indian fry bread that he douses in honey, butter and powdered sugar! Clark loves running around and seeing all of the kids in their costumes. This year it was a little hotter than usual, although you would have thought it was freezing if you walked by my parents house and saw my dads little fire going in the front yard..he was trying to keep up the tradition. Anyway, b.c of the warmer weather Clark wasn't very comfortable in his little zebra costume so instead he wore a skeleton necklace that blinked blue lights. Clark insisted on rinding in his little car door to door up and down my parents street. Rob tried to rig up something to keep his feet from dragging under the car. It was a bit of a hassle b/c we had to stop every couple feet to adjust it. Nonetheless Clark loved riding in his little car. It was so cute watching him open his bag for people to drop candy into. After he had his candy in the bag he would hug the bag and then put it in the little holder in the back of the car. He was in HEAVEN! When we got back to my house, he perched himself on the ledge of the front step and just looked at his candy. I am happy to say that he only had a couple little pieces of licorice. Hopefully next year he will get the full effect by actually dressing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You two are one of the most beautiful couples out there girl!! And that boy of yours is one darling stud. I can only imagine the fun you have with that little guy...great peaking in on you!
Hey mel. I love the halloween festivities and all the cute pics you got. I will be down in az at christmas and my sister in laws are throwing me a baby shower so i wanted to get your address. you can send it to my blog or text me at 8013101779. Thanks and I hope you have a fun day.
you have the cutest little family
I wish I could have seen him in the zebra costume! These warm halloween nights are so weird. It is nice to not have to wear a jacket over your costume, but for all the little kids and babies it is hard because the costumes are made so big and warm. That's cute that he just wanted to be pushed in that little car. Little Clarky is just sooo cute!!
I totally understand your worries leaving Clark during the cruise. I am going through the same thing with the baby. Trust me though, he may have a rough first day without you guys but kids adjust quickly and he will be fine. You guys will have so much fun being together alone and you totally deserve it after this Summer. That's what I keep telling myself anyway! :)
Post a Comment