The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A wedding and a few randoms











I think I was over stimulated from my night out with the girls because I can't fall asleep! It was totally last minute, but so fun to get together with friends from high school to go see High School Musical 3!! Not gonna lie, I am a big fan! Was it corney... of course! Was it cheesey...you betchya, but it was cute!

On to the pictures. Last weekend my cousin got married and there was a reception in my grandpa's backyard. It's always fun to see my cute cousins and catch up. Rob swears I am related to everyone and I kinda am. My mom was one of 11 brothers and sisters and all but 3 live in or near mesa and each of her siblings have several kids. I am so lucky to be surrounded by family!
Anyway, the reception was fun and Clark had a hay day running around on the tennis court with the rest of the kids and sampling the goodies! I promise he doesn't eat a lot of junk, but when he does it usually turns out to be a fun picture b.c he enjoys every morsel of sugary sweetness.
Clark is 18 months and continues to thrill me! Today we had a little adventure. I had forgotten my stroller at San Tan Mall and he was running away from me every chance he got. He thought it was hilarious. He would bolt of laughing and moving his chunky little legs as fast as he could, just knowing that he was being naughty! As soon as I would finally catch up to him, he would curl into a ball and just die laughing as I tried to snatch him up... which proved to be a bit arduous seeing how he is a tank! I couldn't help but laugh, which encouraged Clark to continue his fun little game. He is getting more clever. As bed time rolls around we brush his teeth, put his PJs on, etc. and as I start carrying him up the stairs he immediately starts asking for "water", "Cracker" etc. The first time he did it, I took him back down and gave him a sippy of water. I set him down, gave him the sippy, and he didn't even take a drink. Instead, he chucked the sippy and ran in the opposite direction of the stairs. I clued in pretty quickly, but it still kills me that he tries to come up with excuses to keep him from having to go to bed. I love my little muffin!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You guys are the cutest little family!!

mle photography said...

are you kidding me? that last picture of clark is priceless!
mel your hair looks good! did you color it again?