The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Parade,Painting...








Clark continues to make us laugh and surprise us with his tricks! The other day I pulled out a camera to take a picture of Clark in the back of the car. To my surprise, he looked at me, smiled and said, "Cheese!" I swear he picks up on things so fast...but then again, my opinion is a little biased! On Friday, we went to watch Aunt Carly in the MVT homecoming parade. She is part of a group at Mountain View called "Best Buddies," where they pair special needs kids with typical kids. Carly was so excited to be in her very first parade!! Clark loved waving to Carly as she passed by and especially loved the sucker that was thrown to him! I however, was not too found of him getting his hands on that sticky, sugary sucker! He was a MESS and I made the mistake of putting him on my shoulders with the sucker....WHAT was I thinking! The whole top of my head was covered in sucker drool! It was pretty funny! We really enjoyed Conference today! I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk! He is such a sweet, tender man and I about died at that story he told about his daughter! Can you imagine?! I loved his message! LIfe is so much better and easier to deal with when you choose laughter over anger! Anyway, we loved all of the talks, but Clark on the other hand was a little bored! I was brave and let him go with globs of paint on a sheet of paper! He was in HEAVEN! Yes, he did put the sponge brush in his mouth to my horror, but luckily we were able to wash his mouth out with water and he didn't repeat that little stunt again. It was so messy, but it was worth every second to see him so occupied and happy! It seems like there are so many uncertainties in the world today with the economy, job market, etc and it is a little scary, but at least I have my family and the gospel and those will be constants is my life and for that I am grateful and hopeful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Caitlin) Clark is so big now! He looks so old to me! I let Jonah play in the mud the other day and I ended up washing dirt out of his mouth! Boys will be Boys! I forgot to mention in my last comment that we decided not to go on the cruise. I'm really sad but it was going to interfere too much with Zach's school schedule. It's much more important he graduates this december, even though I am SO SAD!! Oh well. I hope you guys have a blast! It will be so hard to leave Clark, but I'm sure you will have soo much fun and a much needed vacation! Make sure to take lots of pictures!

Natalie Hall said...

Melanie,

Love your hair.... And I think your mom went darker to, darling!

Have yet to see the little gremlin, Clark. Miss you guys, come hang when Rach is here or whenever..

Hallie Fullagar Mills said...

Hi Melanie, thats funny that we have the same family! My mom is a bunker. Her brother Brent married Melody which gave me all of my wonderful cousins. I haven't even put all of them up on my blog i haven definitely been slacking. So you'll have to tell me any embarrassing stories that you know of Kel, i can't seem to get enough of those haha