The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Friday, October 12, 2007

What a day





 

 

 

 

Yesterday, I was over at my parents house hanging out with my little sisters. I don't know what it is with them and taking pictures, but as soon as they see a camera, they instantly insist on snapping some shots. I gave them a quick lesson on how to focus the camera, etc and then they went at it. They each took turns taking the pictures while the other stood behind trying to get Clarks attention and a smile out of him (that was pretty fun to watch). Chloe even insisted that Katie and I pose with our hands on our knees...i think she has a real future in photography. I will have to admit that I did feel a little funny standing there in the front yard posing for pictures,that often took WAY too long to take, while holding the same smile as several cars drove by. Although that was semi embarrasing, nothing compares to what happened later that day. I had forgotten my cell at home and needed to get a hold of Rob, but I was pretty sure that I remembered his number (isn't that sad that I don't have it memeorized?!) so I gave it a try. The first time I called, it went to his voicemail, but at least I knew that I had the right nubmer so I could try again later. So i called back and someone answered and said "(so in so) Concrete." Well, I was sure that I had called the right number, so I thought it was his friend messing around with me. I continued to go along with it while saying the most ridiculous things. The man on the other end asked who I was looking for and I said "my husband" and he then continued to ask what his name was and what he looked like, so I said "well, his name is rob and he is tall dark and handsome." Anyway, this conversation went on for about 5min ( i actually called 2x still thinking it was a joke) until I realized that I prob. really did call the wrong number. The poor guy was so confused b/c I kept telling him that his number was robs cell. It eneded with him kindly trying to help me figure out what number I had dialed wrong ..."Maybe you dialed a 0 but it is suppose to be a 4...etc" Seriously, he went through each number in the cell number and tried to figure out what number looks or sounds like it that I may have been confused by (it was actually pretty funny listening to him go on). ANyway, sorry for the novel, and funny story to me that prob. doesn't make sense to anyone who is reading it. My sisters and I had a good laugh.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Marshalls said...

nice story mel.. you crack me up. by the way you look great.. i hope i look like that after having a baby!

angela hardison said...

Haha...oh Mel. Remember in Chicago when we used Sprint Relay online to prank call people? I love how it lets you choose the tone of voice to use and that it makes kissy sounds etc. Ha!

Jaron & Abby said...

Melanie first of all clark is the biggest stud I've ever seen. He is going to be a little lady killer when he gets older. That story about how you called the wrong number was a crack up. Just thinking about what was going on in that guys mind is hilarious.

Amy said...

Yes, that was probably the best story ever! HAHA! Can't wait to get together this week finally!

Natalie Hall said...

Melanie I sent the lunch pictures to your moms email. I need to get your email address. Fun times with kids at lunch. Sorry I ate and ran. Copy and Paste my pictures if you want them any time we have family events.

I have to say my favorite picture of clark is with the Ghost, so cute! I hope clark does not get what Cash has it is so yucky. Talk with you soon.