The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthday Fun...Clark is 1!!!























Rob, Clark and I all have Birthdays in April! My Birthday was on the 19th and yes, I am now 23!!! Rob took me out to dinner and to a movie and bought me the prettiest bouquet of tulips!! What a sweet husband! Now on to the Big Birthday Boy!!! I can't believe my baby is ONE! He is an absolute JOY and we love him SOOOO much! This morning we gave him a bath before church and sang him every birthday song ever composed...and even a few o our own! It was also fun to sit down and watch the video we took after Clark was born. He was such a little chunk with dark, dark hair! It made me excited for baby #2...excited, but in no hurry!! After church we went over to Nelsons for dinner and then afterwards, my whole fam. came over for cake and ice cream!! I LOVED making Clark's birthday cake!! I seriously was in the kitchen from 11-3 on saturday. The kitchen was a disaster when all was said and done!! Frosting was everywhere! Clark wasn't too into his cake, but it sure was fun to look at! Clark loves his cousins and aunts and uncles and had so much fun with everyone today! Happy Birthday Clarky!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edwards Fam said...

Yeah, totally awesome cake Melanie!! Can you believe you've had Clark in your life for a year?! Doesn't time fly?! I remember when you were just a little baby at a Weed Family Reunion and all us girls stuck to you like glue and loved to look at you and your cute little pink bow in your hair:) And you have the same birthday as Jenny :) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are quite the cake maker! I love it. Very cute. It's so fun to get to know you and assist you in the library! Clark is so cute and it looks like his first birthday was a success! I love his big, blue eyes. It's amazing how fast time goes by with these little boys.

Natalie Hall said...

I am dying over the cake!!!!

Mel, me and the boys want a yummy piece of it right now. I want you to teach me how to make that for the twins birthday. Oh little Clark is one years old, I just adore him and his face. Called your beautiful face on Sat, we wanted you there to hang with all the gang in the front yard. Next time, I guess when you get back..

angela hardison said...

Happy Birthday Clark!


Mel, Chicago and Champs dessert? Sounds incredible. Haha, it's no wonder I got a little chubby that summer...

DLonna said...

That cake rocks!!! This is a hidden talent you need to share more often!

It look like his party was a hit!!!

the waites said...

The cake was a hit! Seriously you put MArtha to shame. I cant even believe are little chickens are 1...well almost. Such adorable pictures, he is a hunk! It was so fun seeing you, I just wish I saw more of you. Cant wait to see pictures for your next big Journey!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Your little Clark is so adorable!

The John Family said...

Melanie you did a great job on the cake. It is so cute! I love it! It looks like it was fun!

Unknown said...

mel..i can't believe he is one!! that is nuts! but he's so adorable!

Sidney said...

Oh and I thought I was sooo clever when I made Candice her first cake. I made a kitty cat. Three round cakes with one cut into 3 pieces to make ears and a tail. Oh and M&M for the face. Whoa you are so pro. I wouldn't have let Clark touch that cake. Just remember you've got to keep it up for all your kids. So maybe my cat wasn't such a bad idea....Happy B-day cutie Clark

mle photography said...

ahhhhhh i miss my nephew!! happy birthday clarky

Broadbent Family said...

He is so stinking cute!! I want to meet him! Time flies! I can't believe he is already one! That cake was darling--nice job professional! You look so pretty! Are you going to be in Chicago all summer? It would be fun to visit AZ..we are thinking about it! Let me know if you will be there.

Broadbent Family said...

I forgot about Champs dessert--nice call Angela! I got so fat! But so worth it.

brandandbrit said...

Oh my gosh! He is getting so big and so CUTE!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

What a fun day! Cute cake! Your baby is adorable, it is so much fun to catch up with everyone through these blogs. Oh and I absolutely love the name Clark.