The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clark's 1st Campout















We had so much fun camping with the fam. this weekend! Rob caught TONS of lizards for the kids, planned an elaborate treasure scavenger hunt incorporated with a tale about Long Nose Nate and Twisted Sister, brought his paint ball gun for the kids to shoot, built a damn in the creek, etc. Needless to say, he was the life of the party. We played in the creek and went on a hike. We ate well and enjoyed the BEST blueberry cobbler to celebrate cousin Luke's 7th birthday. We got Clark down ok and were able to visit around the campfire with all of the adults. I am so grateful to be a part of such a fun family! Unfortunately, the night was downhill after that. I had Rob check on Clark in the tent and he got woken up. He cried and cried until we were able to finally get him back to sleep, but then when we went to get back into the tent he woke up again and cried and cried. Finally around 11:47 we loaded him in the car and I drove us home b.c Rob was falling asleep. We slept well in our comfy beds at home and then woke up at 6:30 and drove an hour back to the camping spot to play and pack our stuff up. All in all, we had a lot of fun. Maybe next time, we will be able to actually sleep in our tent and camp. I don't know if you have noticed clark's face in the pictures from the last couple months, but his face never cleared up after he had the hand foot and mouth disease. The bumps and illness went away, but now he has had a weird rash for about 3 weeks around his mouth. I promise we clean his face regularly, but with no avail. Look beyond the rash. :) I love the second to last picture, such a typical camp-out face...so dirty!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun camping trip!! Luckily, you guys were close enough to drive home for the night. Mmmm, the blueberry cobbler sounds delish! I can't believe Clark is letting a lizard sit on his hand. So brave! Bumps or no bumps, Clark's face is adorable!!

Weedpatch said...

I love your pictures. It looked fun inspite of your night time troubles. I can't believe that lizard just laid there,was it alive?

Weedpatch said...

I love your pictures. It looked fun inspite of your night time troubles. I can't believe that lizard just laid there,was it alive?

Weedpatch said...

Hey Mel can you get rid of that second one I don't know how that got there.Silly hugh. It's so fun to see Clark with all those little boy cousins,what a contrast from our house.

angela hardison said...

I wanna go camping...

And yeah, Clark is adorable with or without the rash.