The Nelsons

Rob.Melanie.Clark.Kurt Nelson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rejoice! (inside joke)








Rob's favorite sister Emily got married yesterday and we couldn't be happier for the happy couple! Welcome to the family Jared! Stay tuned for pictures from an upcoming wedding dinner in May. Clark is going through early terrible two-ness. We love him regardless of his fits and temper tantrums that cause him to fling himself backwards with all his might...some even resulting in head injuries from tile flooring. He is very stubborn, strong willed, and STRONG! Even if I need to restrain him, I can not because he overpowers me! Maybe I am making him sound worse than he actually is behaving, but I am still adjusting to his new attitude and hope that he returns to his mellow, easy going ways! How do you discipline a child we they repeatedly dump their bowl of food out onto the floor, or slug you in the face, or pinch the living daylights out of your cheeks, or throw temper tantrums for not getting what they want and shouldn't be able to have (sunflower seeds! He got a hold of one w/o me noticing and chocked and gaged on it until I got the pieces out and then begged for more. what?!) Does time out do the trick, acting sad,etc...I would love anyones advice! He really is a sweet little boy and has more kind, happy moments than not, but ya know, he does have his moments. Back to the pictures, the dollar theatre near our home let all the little kids come and see a movie for free before they reopened it to the public ( it was refurbished). They gave every little kid popcorn, a drink, and a little bag of skittles. Clark was in heaven!!! It is our record for sitting in a movie theatre...1 hour and 25 minutes. Not bad. It was all downhill after the popcorn was gone, the drink sucked dry, and the skittles consumed. Wish us luck, we are taking Clark on his first camp out with all of his cousins and Rob's siblings and some of the wives. It will be an adventure.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

just give him a few doses of nyquil and put him in a straight jacket. That works with my kids! :-)I was laughing OUT loud at the things he does, I can just see you trying to contain this little ball of energy. Oh heaven help me when I have that great opportunity...I'll admit I have half the patience of any normal person so that probably isn't a good combo.?!?!?!

The Clarks said...

hahaha! clark at the movie theater... I can only imagine. And I really hope they did some serious work to that dollar theater...the place use to smell like pee!

The Clarks said...

p.s... is the lamanite already coming out!? geez!

The John Family said...

Cute! The pictures are so cute of them at the movies theatre! It was fun!

kathleen said...

Yea! The first pictures I've seen of Emily and Jared. They look beautiful!!

Cara said...

Melanie! Luke has been kind of crazy too, I'm not sure what to tell you because I'm new at this too! I don't know, Luke threw his food all over the floor today too, ok all I can say is you're not alone.

You look really tan at the pic at the temple!

I was sad we missed movie day! We should all try a Tuesday when its $1.00.

Good luck the campout, I'm sure he'll be good cuz he'll love it outside.

See ya.

mle photography said...

rejoice! haha thanks mel! We're excited to see you guys again..such cute pics of Clark and the boys camping!